Finding time to blog in an otherwise rushed morning always makes me happy. If you haven't noticed I haven't been keeping up with the blog for the past few days because I've been out of town. I have to say that I am so honoured to be part of Darryl's family. Everyone with their own quirks and amazing sense of humour, it's a perfect family for us to raise a family with. The more I get to know his family the more I seem to like them all, they are opinionated, honest and sometimes abrasive, but if there is anything I am it's those things, and I really respect that in people.
          I finished my Winter Semester here at Nipissing University (Where I am currently sitting in the library) on April 19th and have been on "vacation" ever since. Darryl and I spent a few days at his parents house, his birthday was On April 30th so it was perfect timing for us to both be able to go home and enjoy some of that country air. His parents live on a large property, with a house they had built, which is beautiful to say the least, they also have a nice NEW barn for their 4 horses which hopefully they will finish sometimes in the next few years/months. They are a very welcoming family, never questioning or prodding but always seem to be able to make a quick witty jab if they think you are tough enough for it, which hilariously enough at first bothered me but now it is my favourite part of being there.
         We had a great time, I met nearly all of his immediate family at this point which is always nice, when you can place a face to a name. Ricky, their German Shepherd pup has grown into a beautiful dog, but it showed me how long it's been since I had visited, last I was there the puppy was just a little teether, gnawing on my fingers, now she is a tall beautiful dog who stands as tall as my hip. And their dog Navi is still as active and cuddly as ever.
        Everyone in the family seemed to be in good spirits, while we partied the night away, while we watched Nascar, ate cake, watched hockey and just hung out eating some amazing meals prepared by Darryl's mom Donna.
        We were on our way home Sunday afternoon and our car broke down, busting a hose off the radiator, and who knew that a dime could save your life, apparently Noel, Darryl's dad did. What a smart and funny dude, coming to help us out as we sit at the side of the road laughing about how utterly silly the predicament we found ourselves in was.
       Jaime and I, Darryl's younger sister, who is the same age as I am, had our first moment in their Uncle Gary's basement, as her Dad did something that I had no other knowledge as to think was out of character. I looked at her wide eyed and she mimicked my face as we both broke out laughing. She's a funny girl, and we get along well, little did I know we both LOVED America's Next Top Model. Also we had a fun time doing crosswords each day as we connected words (No lie) like taint and Uranus together.
      Jamie's boyfriend Chad, who I can't stop calling Chad-oh, was a regular character making the weekend quiet fun and hilarious despite his embarrassing moments. Chad-oh was the trooper that night, I was in the clear after his escapades.

All in all I had an amazing time away from school and stress and as I sit here, less than an hour away of starting my (hopefully) last semester of University I feel like I'm in the right place, for once.

This Spring Semester I am taking a Women in the Bible Course with Dr. Adrian Langdon (A teacher I had previously for Peace and Nonviolence) as well as a teacher I've never had before Dr. Rene Valiquette with the course Women in Cinema. I don't usually take gender courses but it seems as though they are the only classes Nipissing seems to offer each summer.

Well Readers, in a typical Canadian fashion I am going to head downstairs for some Tim Hortons and cut our conversation short.

Just remember it is the small things in life that make the difference, and that's what makes life so beautiful.

Cecilia xox

No comments:

Post a Comment