School was about me proving to myself that I had worth, now, without school I'm realizing, that in life I get to show people, and share the meaning of having a sense of self-worth, because I have spent years teaching and proving to myself that I am worth something, that I am good at being myself, I am good at taking chances, reaching out, all of the skills I have learned for the most part, had nothing to do with school, they had everything to do with trying to learn who I am and what I am worth. I think I am ready to move on, I think I am ready to walk away from this sense of needing to be in school to prove a sense of self-worth. I can do this. I've spent so much time trying to fill this void where self-esteem was supposed to go, I filled it with schooling, but I'm realizing in retrospect, I filled it with worth and proving that I am capable, intelligent and that I have a purpose. Knowing that I am capable is my constant now. I've shown myself that I am capable. Let that be my path, my learning environment, and my experience. I'm willing to feel the pain of pride. I'm ready to be tortured by a sense of being good enough. It's a different feeling, it will take time to allow it to be shown to others. I know i can't go back to school, I've been avoiding letting my light shine, I've been avoiding the world, I've been keeping myself locked up in those rooms, in those hallways, on those buses, just because I haven't been confident enough to be outside of those walls... I'm ready, I'm ready to scare myself. I can do this, tell yourself outloud "I can do this", even if right now you don't believe it, you've accomplished scarier, more anxiety provoking things. 

1 comment:

  1. "I can do this too!" Get ready world because here we come.

    ReplyDelete