Snow Flakes on the Consciousness

It's snowing here again. I woke this morning thinking about how sometimes it feels like my mind has been covered in a damp blanket like the ground outside... Like my consciousness has been covered in a frozen layer and my body, like a blade of grass, has wilted under the weight it has left. Each snowflake is filled with individual beauty but if the time is never taken to examine each one for its unique and gorgeous qualities all that is seen is an annoyance and one more burden on the day. Every morning it feels like my purpose is growing, my strength and perseverance is gaining. Even though it is so gloomy outside today, I feel nothing but the sunshine through the windows and his kisses on my cheeks... That blanket has almost fully melted... and I'm coming back from the slumber I have many times been burdened by. But now, as I feel the snowflakes falling on my consciousness I know they will melt, and that although every snowflake carries a potential hurdle, I look at each one in its individual beauty and I know that it will soon melt and leave the ground moistened with a chance of growth and prosperity. I look out these windows, and there is snow, atleast I know it doesn't fall on my consciousness, if a snowflake gets stuck on my eyelashes, I can smile at the sparkles that once held me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment