Day 53: Things That Mean the World to Me.

The painting above is probably my most treasured item that does not involve bereavement. The artists name is Angelina Wrona, a very talented Canadian, and the painting is titled "Doin' the Dishes". There is something in the eyes of this girl. I walked past this painting in a local frame shop countless times, and I literally stopped in awe each time, I would be coming home from work and I would just stand and look at her face. I see a lot of myself in this woman, a fragile, seductive, insecure girl who has the self-confidence to do the dishes at home in her underwear. It's almost as if we are more confident with ourselves without the questioning and hardened eyes of society. I don't know what the inspiration of this painting was, but I named her "Ellie" and I honestly think she will be with me the rest of my life on this earth, and I hope she gets passed down though my families, and I hope others find the beauty in her.

The painting is a print of the work, it is roughly 4.5 feet by 2.5 feet and was framed in North Bay Ontario.

No comments:

Post a Comment