Day 12: Symbols of my time

This entry may be ever growing, for it is the most beautiful part of who I am, a part I will never give up, a piece of my flesh, a piece of my heart. This tattoo is my statement towards peace, my respect for those fallen. I have a hard time identifying with the idea of using a white poppy as a new image for the hope of peace, when this symbol this beautiful incarnation of respect is to me. Today is the first day that I will begin a project when everyday I will introduce a piece of my soul to you, an object that means more than the world that I live in. The Buddhists say not to allow your soul to be burdened by materialistic objects, but these objects are merely a reflection of my heart and not only a materialistic "things" these are part of me. I hope to get to know you more everyday

R.I.P Marion Chambers,
You will never be forgotten. 9/11/07

No comments:

Post a Comment