Day 28: If God Believes in Himself.

Let Go, Let God? 
         Perhaps I will attempt to approach the debate of a "presence of God" in a way I never have before, my first instinct is to ask how a god could exist to a world so succumbed to war and famine. My second is to question whether god is proud of what he has created. Perhaps god built us this way to learn. I'm nothing more than a skeptic so I assure you I won't be converting through the process of writing this. If God built me this way to learn he is a very authoritarian overseer. Low in love and compassion, high in control.  Often I wonder why wars begin in the name of a non-sentient being in a world so encapsulated by material things. How one concept has over shadowed them all for the contemptment and comfort of a community of those willing to partake. I once believed that only sinners look to god for hope, for blessing, for forgiveness. Now I think I'm looking at humanity for hope and blessings of forgiveness, I can no longer accept a world full of unrealistic altruism and martyrdom. Who am I to question the beliefs of my fellow man, who are they to question mine? I shall not believe in a God that has taken people so young, I shall not pray or bow to a concept that I, nor anyone, can comprehend. There are books of propaganda, asking you to follow the ways of a ignorant path, a path deviating from the true material world. Perhaps I should attempt to pull my mind away from my body, find time to connect with the world greater than ours, but in true forms only that which exists exists, and he who has not proven his participation in a world so callas does not envelope nor endure my consent. 

How am I to believe in a God that may not even believe in himself?

No comments:

Post a Comment