Aign't no Fame In Poetry

I guess if one thing is for sure, I'll never find fame in poetry, although I'm not sure that's my intention. Recently I've been looking through the random blogs scattered all over blogger and it seems as though in order to have followers one must be controversial, have cute pictures, seem somewhat witty and generally worthy of admiration, over things such as documenting the lives of others. All it does is make me depressed sometimes.. I write and devote so much time to this blog the hours I spent not only typing on this blog but thinking all day as to what thoughts to record.
        I'm starting to believe there is no lie in my idea that poets are only famous once dead. No one understands the ideas until you cannot fill in the gaps the author leaves.
       I guess I've been feeling down on myself and my credentials in my educational and life background. I was writing my cover letter and resume yesterday and all I could think of was how much I haven't done in comparison to how much I have. I have a rather impressive set of credentials in relation to my future career but what about in daily life? How will I ever amount to anything if I am always so worried about what I haven't accomplished in comparison to what I have. Does anyone else ever feel like this? Leave a comment below.

1 comment:

  1. I will follow your blog!
    And nobody ever appreciates the time and effort put into something as much as the person who did it.
    And as for what you haven't accomplished - you're continuing education - something I would love to do, and chasing after something you're passionate about.
    Not many people can say that.

    ReplyDelete