She Says Just Make It From the Heart.

I was asked to write this today for a friend and I thought I'd share it, I didn't write anything else today:


There was a point in my life that I thought I was alone. I thought that I was the only girl that had cuts on her arms, on her legs, on her heart and as I grew older, and luckily shyed away from a disheartening death I found out that I wasn't alone, that there were others that went through what I've gone through. I was in high school when I had found out about To Write Love On Her Arms, when a friend, also a past self mutilator had come up to me and had written love on my wrist, I was so confused and felt nearly naked at her approach. She explained to me the meaning of the movement. And as I looked down at my wrist, so perfectly placed I had realized there was hope for girls and boys like me that went through the hard times, the times alone in your room fighting with yourself on how to express your anger, if not on your skin. Over the years TWLOHA has become more and more of a movement in the protection of youths lives. I recently joined partnership with TWLOHA in an Suicide Prevention Program called “ImAlive”. I know that to some people looking from the outside, unaware of the pain some people go through in regards to cutting, hurt, mutilation and displaced anger it might just seem like a silly movement created by a bunch of love children, but to me it was a breath of relief to know that there was an avenue to help people that are or were in the same place I was nearly five years ago. Suicide is the number one killer in the teenage generation. Out reach programs like TWLOHA are easily accessible and everyone can understand the meaning of the word love.

If you or someone you know is suffering with depression or thoughts of suicide please call 1-800-Suicide

1 comment:

  1. People will never understand things they don't know.

    ReplyDelete